NDC trainng: Reaching national targets and goals of the Paris Agreement - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Overview on the Paris Agreement (purpose within UNFCCC negotiations, NDC cycle, transparency framework, global stock-take and ambition ratchet)
- NDCs: building blocks for implementation of the Paris Agreement; climate policy cycles: Mitigation, Adaptation, Finance, MRV, Governance
- Elements of NDC implementation and transfer them to national context
- Adaptation in the context of the Paris Agreement regarding climate change incl. evidence-based decision making.
- Strategizing, steering, financing and managing the National Adaptation Plan process and engaging the private sector
- Climate risk management
- Overview of comprehensive climate risk management to manage impacts from rapid and slow onset events and "to avert, minimize and address loss and damage"
- Overview on how to successfully mainstream Ecosystem-based Adaptation to address the links/use synergies between international commitments and targets
- NDC implementation within the country specific Multi-Level-Governance- System
- Understand different modes of governance and the roles of stakeholder groups.
- Methods for the design of horizontal and vertical co-operation, coordination processes for NDC implementation.
This course is a compilation out of a modular training containing six
modules. For all modules see: "Reaching national targets and the goals
of the Paris Agreement". Content is subject to changes according to
Gabi Scholz, AIZ-Kundenservice
+49 228 4460-1108